Friday, April 14, 2006

Easter is almost here!

I'm really excited. My 40 days of giving up chocolate is finally coming to an end. I will be able to eat chocolate again on Sunday. Woohoo! Somehow, I've been craving it more and more for the past week. I also have already prepared the chocolates that I'm going to have when Sunday comes. They're just sitting there, mocking me.

Lent this year was not too bad. I only had chocolate twice, which is pretty good for my record.

This week also means that we have entered the Holy Week according the Church's calendar.
Thursday is called Holy Thursday. We celebrate the last supper, before the crucifixion, where Jesus washed the feet of all his disciples.
Friday is called Good Friday. We celebrate Jesus who died on the cross. This day is actually bigger than Christmas, spiritually, since there are no gift giving on Easter, yet.
Saturday is usually called Easter Vigil. There is a Church service till midnight to reflect upon Jesus in his tomb and rising from the dead. Usually, this is when people get baptized or receive their first communion.
Sunday is Easter! We celebrate Jesus who has risen from the dead. This is usually marked by egg hunts and chocolate consumptions (the not so spiritual side of Easter).



Happy egg hunting!

No comments: