I can't believe that I actually haven't updated my blog for a while. I have disappointed myself. I thought that since school is over, I would have time to write more.
Today, I've decided to write down all the stuff that I've been wanting to write for the past few days.
Apartment Hunting
I spent the past few days searching for the perfect apartment. I finally found one that is relatively my ideal apartment on Yonge/Davisville. It's a bachelor pad, very tiny, but perfect for me (less room to clean). It has a swimming pool and a sauna. I thought that this is great because now, I won't need to join a gym to get my exercise. I'm so excited. This is my first step towards being independent. I'm going to have to cook and clean myself. How exciting! *sarcastic tone* Why do I want to be independent again? I know many of you have been living by yourselves for a while now and getting a new apartment is not exciting at this point in your lives. But, I'm just going to ignore that and continue being excited of my new found independence.
Mother's Birthday
Mission Impossible: the mission, if I choose to accept it, is to get my mother a birthday present. This was impossible to do because she never liked any of the presents we gave her. But this year, we were up to the challenge. My days were spent going to malls in search of the perfect gift. We decided on a myriad of gifts (if she didn't like 1 gift, the mission would not have failed): a dining set, a purse, and a birthday cake. I couldn't find the perfect purse, so I just grabbed 4 and asked my mom to choose which one she liked on her birthday (I wanted to play it safe). For the birthday cake, we decided on a Jamocha ice cream cake by Baskin Robbins. What is Jamocha you ask? It's a combination of mocha and chunks of almonds. It was amazing! My mom loved it. In conclusion, mission was successful. *theme of Mission Impossible playing in the background*
Stay tuned for Mission Impossible 2: Mother's Day
Cleaning Frenzy
Ever since I got my apartment, I've been busy figuring out how to funish it. What would I need in my new apartment? I ended up with a non-ending list of stuff to buy. Today, I decided to focus on the cleaning aspect. What cleaning products would I need in my new apartment? I decided to test these items first in my parents' house. Teehee. I bought the swiffer dusters, the swiffer sweep+vac, and mr. clean magic eraser. Yes, I have to admit that I was quite ambitious.
First, the swiffer dusters. It didn't seem to be working as easily as it looks on the ads. I was quite disappointed. And the fluffy part of it didn't seem to want to stick to the handle.
Second, the swiffer sweep+vac. It seemed to be working at one point. I assumed my laundry room is too dirty to be "swiffed" up. I haven't been able to test the vacuum part of it, since the battery needed to be charged for 24 hours. We will find out tomorrow.
Third, the mr. clean magic eraser. It seemed to work on the not so tough gunk in your kitchen with a lot of scrubbing on your part. I think I should've just stuck to regular sponges to clean messes.
In conclusion, cleaning is a lot of effort. There is no such thing as fast and easy cleaning. I might as well just sweep dirt under my rug.
Mission Impossible 3: figuring out how to avoid cleaning?
No comments:
Post a Comment