If you're planning on watching this movie... please don't read this blog post at all :)
This movie is just soooo disappointing.
I thought it was going to be a horror movie, which might make it better.
But it was more like a psychological movie.
All the scary parts were shown in the trailer already.
The main story is Leonardo DiCaprio was a marshall in 1954 and he was called to Shutter Island, a mental institution, to investigate a missing inmate.
Here comes the spoiler alert... Leonardo DiCaprio was actually a patient there! And all the plot for 3/4 of the movie was his imagination.
Well, to be fair to Martin Scorcese, the end of the movie was left to be ambiguous. He could be crazy... or it's all a conspiracy against Leo.
In the end, I didn't care about Leonardo DiCaprio's character to even care how he ended up.
Overall though, to be a cliche, the movie was well put together, the acting was great... and I love Ben Kingsley. Sadly, this movie left me unsatisfied and a bit angry.
No comments:
Post a Comment