Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

It's such a nice day today!
It's also Easter and most important of all, I can celebrate by eating chocolate and having bubble tea. That's exactly what I did today :)

I also have finally finished reading a book called "From Resentment to Forgiveness - A Gateway to Happiness" by Francisco Ugarte.
It seems to be appropriate for my Easter reflection.

Resentment, this book defines it as a reaction to a negative stimulus that hurts our ego.

Causes of resentment:
  • Someone's action against me: a physical attack or verbal attack (i.e. insult)
  • Omission: when I don't receive something I expect (it can be an invitation or thank you)
  • Circumstances: poverty or physical defect
Here are the ways of how not to be resentful:
  • Live for others and forget about one's self
  • Be grateful by recognizing everything that we have received as gifts
  • Forgive and forget by treating someone who has offended us like nothing ever happened
  • Be humble by recognizing that you also need forgiveness from others and that's why you should forgive others
This is really hard to do, but I will try this starting today :)

No comments: