After a number of years, I finally graduated.
And my graduation ceremony, i.e. convocation was today @ 2:30 PM.
I thought it was going to be really boring, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.
There were 600 of us that were convocating, which definitely made me feel special?
I was number 532 due to my last name.
It only took 1.5 hours, which was very surprising. They were very organized and punctual.
The highlight of the day of course was when the hooder put my hood on me. I shook the hand of the Provost and my parents took my picture from the balcony. That was my moment; it felt really great. They managed to pronounce my name properly too. That was a great surprise since the guy that was reading the names seemed to have butchered the past 30 names.
Also, Bob Rae (ex-Premiere of Ontario) was present. His daughter was convocating too!
And the biggest surprise of the day was when a guy, right after convocating, got down on one knee and proposed: "Will you marry me? Please?". His girlfriend was sitting at the balcony and she finally yelled out: "Yes baby!" And everyone clapped.
Goodbye University of Toronto.
Goodbye University College. You were my favourite building in the whole school.
I'm going to miss the comfy pink couches that I used to nap in during my commuting years.
Goodbye school... for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment