Last week was my first week of starting a real job straight out of university.
I felt excited, but yet very tired.
I don't mean to say that my work is crappy, since I barely even started. I will be going through 3 weeks of training. In a way, it's kind of like going back to school again.
The tiredness came from waking up at 6:30 AM daily. For some of you, that might not be early, but for me, it is very early since I'm used to sleeping at 2 AM. This resulted in a 4 hour sleep for the past 5 days. The lack of sleep combined with the "interesting" (read: horrible) weather that we've been experiencing here in Toronto gave me a sore throat and a feeling of crappiness in general.
That's enough complaining for 1 paragraph.
My workplace is actually pretty fun. There are a lot of young people and they are very organized. On the first day, I got a laptop + backpack, a t-shirt and pen (with the company logo, of course), my security badge, and basically anything else that you might need to start work was ready for me. The benefits are great, especially the $500 massage allowance that we get per year and 3 weeks of vacation. This is sad, but one of the highlights of my first day was actually discovering the coffee machine that can give me a fresh cup of coffee everytime I need it.
Off to my 2nd week of work! I can just smell the coffee...
No comments:
Post a Comment