I decided to go for a walk today.
The weather is finally nice enough to be comfortable being outside.
At the end of the walk, I went to Tim Horton's to get my regular dose of caffeine.
About a table away, there were a couple of old men sitting and drinking their coffee.
I managed to eavesdrop on their conversation:
Old guy 1: You should have an Asian woman as your wife
Old guy 2: What kind of Asian?
Old guy 1: Anything. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese...
Old guy 2: Why?
Old guy 1: Because they serve you..
Me: Maybe I should throw something at this guy, but I just got up and left
Should I be angry?
They're so racist!
Yet, I found that I was amused.
And that's the WORD
(quote from Stephen Colbert)
1 comment:
Amused is certainly better than bemused :P
That is so crap! I remember that CSI episode where the white guy was married to the bride he "bought"...
I guess the whole stereotypical concept is still there...
Post a Comment