Thursday, February 23, 2006

Figure Skating

Wow! If you ever think that giving a presentation in front of a lot of people as stressful, you would be wrong. These figure skaters only have 4 minutes on ice (at most) which determines their future.

The hot topic this past few weeks have been the Winter Olympics in Italy. Since I love to watch figure skating, I decided to watch this event every free moment I get.

These girls/women are amazing! The nerves of steel! Many of them are only 16.

I've also decided to learn more about figure skating, since I'm having trouble differentiating the different jumps. Amazingly, CBC have put together a really nice animation to explain it all in the section called "Sport Explainer" - http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/sports/figureskating/
I really don't think that this link is going to work forever, but it will do for now.

It was amazing to see Shizuka Arakawa skate. It was just so pretty. And yay! She won the gold medal. Congratulations Shizuka!

No comments: