Sunday, February 26, 2006

Up Lounge

Finally! I got to go dancing again!
I miss dancing to R&B. Sadly, I couldn't remember a single move I learned in my Hip Hop class.

This time, I got to experience Up Lounge. It's located at 130 John Street, on top of the Brasserie. It's a pretty casual club. Not a lot of people were dancing, I guess it's more of a lounge than a club. They played many pop songs and old school. The crowd also seems more mature.

We got to the club kind of late so we could not by pass the line. Thankfully, Conor knows someone in the club to let us in via Brasserie, through the kitchen and up the stairs. I feel important. :)

The only interesting incident there was seeing a girl being kicked out of the club. It seems like she was going to take off her shirt, but the bouncers managed to foresee her intentions and dragged her out of the club. There was resistance, but 3 bouncers later, the situation was under control.

The only thing that annoys me with going to a club downtown is the parking. It costs $15 to park relatively close by to the clubs. It is so not justified, but I guess it's better than taking a taxi all the way back to the boonies where I currently reside.

The weather going back home was treacherous, but we managed to get back in one piece.

No comments: