Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blank CD-R's

I went CD-R shopping yesterday and I was shocked to find out that blank CD-R's are more expensive than blank DVD-R's. There were not that many selections either.

What is going on? Is everyone really moving towards a DVD burner?

I decided to buy the cheapest one: Philips.
I got home, I took the first CD (excited to burn Linux Knoppix), and it didn't work!
I took a second CD, and it also didn't work!
I thought, maybe it's the file that's corrupted.
I downloaded another version, and tried the first and second CD again, and it didn't work!
One last try, I took the third CD, and it worked.

In conclusion, the CD's are faulty.
Please try not to buy blank CD's from Philips, unless you want to collect coasters.

2 comments:

NT said...

But I like coasters ;)
And I do hate bad cds!! Especially when they die at the very end of the burn!!!

Anonymous said...

maria...you pay for what you get :P i think you just paid enuff money for several brand new coasters...lolz