This all started on Wednesday, March 1st - Ash Wednesday. It was the beginning of Lent.
I decided to give up chocolate, just like previous years. I thought it was going to be easier as I grow older. No chocolate for 40 days. How hard can it be?
I was mistaken. It has only been 11 days and I've broken my promise twice. How is that possible??? This year is already starting to be worse than previous years.
First mistake was during the conference. They had chocolate tartufo for dessert. And I just couldn't resist.
The second mistake was today. It was really an honest mistake. I forgot that I have promised to give up chocolate and I had chocolate cake.
I remembered the days when I tried to give up chocolate, candy, and any kind of snacks. That was harder, but I got through it. I somehow think not eating meat for 40 days is easier than giving up snacks. How disturbing!
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Breaking Lent Promises
It's only the second week of Lent and I've already broken my Lent promise. Not once, but twice!!! I'm very disappointed with myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment