Thursday, March 16, 2006

Millenium Actress

I have not left my house for the past 2 days because I am sick. It's nothing serious, but I still feel like crap (mind the language).

I've been trying to rest, but it seems to be very difficult to do so. I just can't seem to relax. And I'm craving for some burger from Wendy's. Weird craving.

Today, Conor was kind enough to drop by and bring a movie to see called Millenium Actress. It's a Japanese animation. I really enjoyed the movie. It was very colourful and enchanting up till the last minute.

The story is about this actress - as you can tell from the title - named Chiyoko Fujiwara. It was the story of her quest to find a mysterious stranger to return the key that he had given her, which motivated her through life. The quest started when she was 14 and the journey continued until she was in her 70s. It is an amazing journey through her life and also Japanese history. The story was told in a very interesting way, 2 men came to interview the retired actress Chiyoko, and as she told them the story of her life, they are somehow transferred into the story and were involved in it yet not really affecting the outcome of the events.

This movie is passionate, emotional, and the story very well told. It is an empowering movie to strive through life.

No comments: