I finally took a breath of fresh air today by going to the video store and renting Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. My little adventure has made me realize that I'm not ready to leave home yet because now I feel worse than yesterday. Well, a girl needs to be entertained.
Corpse Bride
I like this movie! It is not as scary as the movie itself conveyed. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that it's half musical. I say half here because they still have a normal dialogue, but there is still singing involved, much like Disney animation movies. The ending is kind of cheesy, the happy ever after kind, but that just makes this movie even sweeter.
What was more amazing was that it is a stop-motion-animation, which makes you appreciate the movie even more. Stop-motion-animation is making a static object move, so in order to make the movie, they have to move the objects frame-by-frame! That's just amazing!!! I can't believe how patient some people can be.
I'm not sure that I would like to spoil the plot of the movie here since it is interesting to see how everything ends. I definitely recommend people to see it.
1 comment:
Hi Yulian,
Discovered your blog from your MSN. I am quite enlightened to hear your discovery on stop motion animation, because that was my job last summer. I'm glad to hear your appreciation of a technique that sucks all your effort and time out of you.
Martin
Post a Comment